5 common pitfalls in which your choices can be hijacked by fear, illusion, or anxiety:
- By hiding yourself in a dream in order to avoid making a choice.
- By hiding yourself in the busyness of short-term goals in order to avoid the deeper decisions
- By hiding yourself in a failure in order to avoid the battle
- By hiding yourself behind God in order to avoid taking responsibility
- By hiding behind what others want for you
Discerning Your Vocation – a catholic guide for young adults – Community of the Beatitudes